The Good Traveller Experience (from 1st to 8th July)
Enjoy a unique cultural experience in Galicia (NW Spain) while staying in the spa town of Cuntis, just 30 km from the capital city of Santiago de Compostela, providing easy access to all of the different places of interest. If you are a “Good Traveller,” you’ll experience all of the same things as the local inhabitants, and everything that goes to make up our culture.
Participants: minimum of 8, maximum of 15
- Coordinator during the entire stay (Blanca Fernández; languages: Spanish, Galician, English and French)
- Accommodation: in the charming Fonteverde country hotel, in double rooms with en suite bathroom http://www.hotelfonteverde.com (please enquire for individual rooms)
- 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 7 dinners
- 8-hour intensive session in Spanish language and culture adapted to the participants’ level, during our “cultural encounters” in the morning at the hotel (2 hours per day x 4 days)
- Private bus for planned visits
- Excursions, visits, and workshops in the afternoons:
- Admission to the thermal circuit in Cuntis spa
- Visit to a cheese factory to discover its products
- Visit to a pre-Roman hill fort, 2 km from Cuntis
- Guided tour of the rock art park of Campo Lameiro, with a workshop on prehistoric hunting or fire-making techniques
- Trek lasting 2 to 3 hours along a section of the Portuguese Way of Saint James, accompanied by an official guide
- Full day excursions:
- Visit to Santiago de Compostela with official guide (Free time and recommendations for the best places to eat lunch), ending the day with a Spanish cookery workshop
- Excursion in boat to visit mussel beds, with tasting session (Galicia is one of the world’s largest mussel producers). Free time in a seaside village and recommendations for the best places to eat lunch
Visit en route to a Galician country manor house, its vineyards and winery. Wine tasting session.
- Transfer from the centre of Santiago to Cuntis on the 1st of July, and return transfer from Cuntis to the centre of Santiago at the end of the programme on the 8th of July
- English, French, or German speaking guide for visits
The programme can be arranged on other dates for groups of a minimum of 8 people. This option includes transfers for the whole group from Santiago airport to Cuntis and then back to Santiago airport.